Right, just a short post but had to share because I am dumbfounded. I knew bananas were good for you but never realised just how brilliant they are!
Follow this link http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/25-powerful-reasons-to-eat-bananas
And then come back as shocked and awed as I did.
Maybe some context would help. I don’t feel fabulous today, coupled with problems with my contact lenses and possibly having a mild sickness bug/food poisioning, I tend to google ways to help me if I’m not feeling up to much. So I had a banana at work and googled ‘benefits of bananas’ just because I’m a bit sad like that.
The top things that stuck out at me were:
- Bananas contain tryptophan, which when eaten is converted into serotonin (the happy chemical in your brain) so they help prevent depression
- They reduce swelling due to the B-6 vitamin.
- They help you poo when you’re constipated
- They sooth your digestive tract and help replace electrolytes after diarrhoea
- Bananas make you smarter!
- They reduce nausea from morning sickness
Bananas also stop you from snacking between meals as they’re really filling and stabilise your blood sugar. So you’re a bit unlucky if you’re either allergic to, or don’t like bananas because they are simply amazing!